I have been trying (with much success) to plan our weekly meals. It's important to me that we have variety in food and flavour. A weekly grocery shop ensures that we're only buying what we need which eliminates waste and encourages us to venture to the fridge or pantry for snacks instead of improvising on the way home. Weekly also means that our produce is FRESH. We eat A LOT of vegetables in this house, so fresh produce is essential!! I check the flyer weekly and compile a list of sale items and it is from those items that I draw my inspiration for my meal plans and recipes! It's a simple way to eat healthy on a budget!
As a fun thing this week, I will post my meal plan then I will post pictures of the finished product everyday along with my recipes! So, without further ado, I present the Klaassen family meal plan for this week!
Meatless Monday
This is something I've been doing for a couple of weeks now. Although my husband is always resistant to a meat-less meal, last mondays vegetable curry, FULL of cauliflower (which he despises) and he ate it happily. One vegetarian meal is an easy way to eat healthy and there are sooo many things you can do!
Grilled, stuffed portobello mushrooms
Roasted carrot and avocado salad (Saralie Salad)
Tuesday
Moose Tacos
Wednesday
Asian BBQ sockeye salmon (we bought 15 fresh sockeye this summer, cleaned them, cut them and vacuum-sealed them - my freezer is FULL of wild pacific salmon...LOVE it!)
Mediterranean quinoa salad
Thursday
Slow-cooker turkey chill
Friday
BBQ chicken
Roasted beets and carrots
Homemade green coleslaw
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment