Thursday, February 16, 2012

I can get by with a little help from my friends...

I realize that I have been kind of MIA, blame school! Who knew good grades took effort?!

There probably won't come many times in my, hopefully LONG life, where I'll ask whomever to pray on my behalf, but this is one of those times...I have been hit with a little bit of a health scare as of late. My bladder is acting up and the symptoms are troubling. I could launch into a diatribe about how the Canadian Health Care System has failed me so far, but I need all the positive karma I can get. I strongly advise anybody who has a habit of "WebMD"ing their symptoms to steer clear of it, because EVERYTHING is the "c" word.
God's granted me a pretty amazing support network, including a urologist for a brother in law. This guy works, sometimes, 16 hours a day, and still takes time to answer my frantic BBM's. I don't know when we passed the threshold of talking about my bladder, but hey...it's his thing. I am thankful for him. He is keeping me sane and for that, I am SO thankful...I know a lot of people aren't as lucky as me, to have a Dr. at their fingertips....so, ZK, thank you, thank you, thank you!!
We are driving back from Saskatchewan, stopped in Canmore Alberta for night and heading back to the coast tomorrow. Going to go to the hospital when I get back and hopefully get some answers. I am scared. I am also a fatalist (hey, I am just being honest). I am staying positive and thinking clearly. Luckily my husband is THE most amazing being on this planet. He is my EVERYTHING, together we can accomplish more than we can alone.
So, if you could say a prayer for me at some point, I would sincerely appreciate it! I'll post more later, writing has always been really cathartic for me.

1 comment:

  1. Where have I been?!? I blame my blogger, it doesn't show your blog updates(I'm sure I've whined about this before...but whine whine whine whine!!!).
    Anyway, it is helpful to have Zach around isn't it?! He's happy to help, as long as you don't mind waiting for an answer some times! I can't get a hold of that guy during the day for the life of me!
    Sorry you're having issues, I'll keep praying and hopefully the Canadian Medical System will smarten up and get you in with a Dr.

    ReplyDelete