* The snow is gone, the rain is back. Seriously I preferred the snow, at least it wasn't all doom and gloom. I've had prairie people making fun of me and I think they might be on to something. I've been watching the weather in Revelstoke, BC (close to to the Alberta border) and since we were warned about our snowfall, they have been getting around 20 cm a day....A DAY!! The funniest thing about that is that the weather man casually mentions this in his report "There is another snowfall warning in Revelstoke, 25-30 cm of snow anticipated..." the contrast to what happens in the Lower Mainland is hilarious. When we have a snowfall warning, the weather report is serious, they're interviewing the Police who tells us all to stay off the roads, the weather people read of red pieces of paper to highlight the severity of the snowfall, they interrupt regular programming to inform us of the snowfall warnings...by all accounts snowfall warnings are akin to nuclear fallouts in the lower mainland...did I mention that there is STILL a snowfall warning in Revelstoke?
* My first Forensic Chemistry lab was on Monday. My partner was not by choice either, didn't stay to help me clean up. I have serious problems with group work in university...especially when these groups aren't by choice. I think slackers have 'perfectionist/over-achiever radars' who are aware we'll lose marks if we don't clean up, but know that I'LL clean up so we don't lose marks...they tried to make our lab so mysterious. Basically we had an unknown hair sample and an unknown fabric sample and they were believed to belong to the perpetrator, who is a murderer. Were to analyze a bunch of fabric and a bunch of hair samples to make our own data base, then we compare our unknowns to our knowns and find out who our murderer was....turns out it was a reindeer in nylon. You can't make that up. I have never seen a reindeer in my entire life, but I could tell you how large it's medula is and what the scale pattern looks like of its fur...a reindeer....right.
* Been in a bit of a funk lately.
...that is all...
No comments:
Post a Comment