Saturday, November 26, 2011

Master Bedroom Near Completion!


Pretty big change hey? We got our king sized bed today! Love it! We cannot wait for it to be bedtime. Even just lying on the new mattress, our backs feel so much better! The picture is a little dark but there are black pillows behind the white ones, it looks like it's all head board, but there is actually 4 big pillows and then the two black throw pillows in plain sight. The pattern on the duvet cover is actually in grey, so it matches the walls beautifully!

The bed is from IKEA, it's their Malm colour. The night stand is the same make as the bed. We also have a bookshelf and a computer desk in the bedroom that you cannot see from the picture.

The curtains are unreal too! Jordan did such a great job hanging the curtains!! The curtain rod is Umbra, I bought it at Linens n' Things and the curtains are IKEA. They're super heavy canvas and do a great job of keeping the light out! They need to be ironed to length, but I think im just going to ask someone who sews to hem them.

The lamp is actually a floor lamp, I put it on the night stand for something different because the bed already sits so low. This lamp is also from IKEA...LOVE me some IKEA!!

The bedroom finally feels as a bedroom should, homey, relaxing and a great space to hang your head at night!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow IKEA fan. My living room is awash in their furniture. I bought my sofa there about 3 years ago and it's still so comfy that I'm surprised every time I sit on it.

    You've got a fun blog here, Ash! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving how it's all looking!! Great job Ashley:) Ummm is it weird that we didn't even see your apartment this trip back to Canada?!? I'm thinking yes.... awkward ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elspeth - loooovvve IKEA, so wonderful!!

    Jen - it's probably a GOOD thing that you didn't see the condo while you were up here, because it honestly looked like wedding had vomited all over it...there was stuff EVERYWHERE!!!

    ReplyDelete