Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Literary Geek

Yesterday I discovered Geist magazine. I am taking an upper level creative writing class taught by Andrea MacPherson, a celebrated Canadian author herself. Yesterday she taught us about litmags and explained to us how to make submissions should we be interested in getting published. One of these litmags was Geist.

I felt like a pretty big nerd when I was pleading my 'subscription' case to my husband. I attempted to explain to him what Geist was and why we needed it. The best way to describe Geist is that it's like the New Yorker (another amazing magazine if you have the chance to read it) but that it is entirely Canadian made! Im not sure if it was the fact that it was Canadian, or the look upon my face (which I am sure was similar to the look I gave my parents when I would ask them if I could spend the night at a friend's house), but he agreed.

I have been on their website all day reading their wonderful stories and I STRONGLY recommend that you do the same!

Lit-nerds unite!

http://www.geist.com/

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen the look on Jordan's face.... I'm sure it was priceless!! Bahahaha! Did he plead his case for the "Big Game Hunter" magazine?!?

    ReplyDelete